There are two main sections in Quiltster. The Marketplace and a Preview Only section. Here’s how to get to each of those sections and what they mean.
The Marketplace is where you can shop for individual products or customize a project to preview and buy using purchasable inventory.
Shop for pre-made Kits, Patterns or Fabric by the Yard.
- Enter the Marketplace through the portal on your Dashboard or via the Main Menu.
- Visit Kits, Patterns or Fabric to select items to purchase.
Customize a Project to Purchase
To access the Digital Quilt Planner from the Marketplace:
- Enter the Marketplace through the portal on your Dashboard or via the Main Menu. Projects MUST originate in the Marketplace in order to be purchased.
- Access the Digital Quilt Planner by visiting Marketplace Patterns. Follow the prompts to “Customize” the pre-designed pattern of your choice.
- Marketplace Patterns and Marketplace Fabrics feature ONLY products that are for sale through our Quilt Shop partners. This differs from what you will find in the Pattern Library and Fabric Stash.
Important note: Projects must originate in the Marketplace in order to be purchased. Marketplace products are based on purchasable inventory and differs from what is available in the rest of the program.
The Preview Only section is where you can access the Digital Quilt Planner to customize a project to preview (not purchasable).
- Visit the Pattern Library or Fabric Stash through the prompts on your Dashboard or via the Main Menu.
- Follow the prompts to “Customize” the pre-designed pattern of your choice.
- Inventory here is not for sale.
- Projects that originate from the Pattern Library cannot be purchased nor may they be transferred to the Marketplace.
What’s the Point of Preview Only???
This is the part of the program where you may upload fabric into your account through the Fabric Stash. This is a popular feature used most often in two ways:
- Upload swatches into your account while shopping at a Quilt Shop to test your fabric selections before buying. Simply show your yardage chart to the cutting table when ready!
- Upload swatches from your personal stash at home to find the perfect colorway before cutting your precious fabric!
You can also search for the SKU in the Fabric Stash on this side of the program and add it to your favorites instead of taking a picture. The Fabric Stash images are provided by the Fabric Manufacturers and are often better quality than photos. But if they’re not there, this is where the Fabric Uploader comes in handy!
Other Important Sections
My Projects is where all your projects are housed, regardless of where they were created in the program. No one can see these but you.
The Gallery features projects that you have specifically selected to share. These can be seen by all Quiltster subscribers. This is also where “featured projects” are pulled from to showcase on the public pages of our website.